ASUS Laptop – In the age of technology laptops have become integral to our lives. For work or pleasure having a laptop that is reliable is vital. But there may be times when your ASUS laptop has issues or is slow as time passes. Doing a Factory reset can be a feasible solution to solve these issues. In this detailed guide this guide, we will guide you through the step-by-step procedure of how to perform the factory reset for the ASUS laptop. If you’re looking to make you ASUS laptop a new lease of life now, let’s jump in!
How to Do a Factory Reset on ASUS Laptop
Before you can proceed with an unintentional factory reset prior to proceeding with a factory reset, it is vital to backup your most important information. When you reset your factory settings, an ASUS notebook will erase all data as well as settings, applications and other files. By making a backup, you can ensure that your valuable data are protected and accessible following the reset. There are many methods of backing up your information:
- External Hard Drive Add an external HDD to the ASUS notebook and transfer all important files onto it.
- Cloud Storage Use cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive to store your data safely online.
- USB Flash Drive Transfer your data to the USB flash drive to make it easy for retrieval later.
Locate the “Reset” Option
To begin your factory reset you must access”Reset” or “Reset” option on your ASUS laptop. Here’s how:
- Connect your laptop to the internet and log in to your account.
- Go to your Launch menu, then click the Settings gear icon.
- On the Settings window, click on the Update and Security option.
- From the left sidebar select the option to recover..
- In the Reset this PC section, click the Start button.
Choose Reset Options
When you click”Get started” or the “Get started” button, you will be presented with two options to reset: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything.” Choose the one that best suits your requirements:
- Maintain my documents The option will delete settings and applications however, you will be able to keep your personal files. It is advised when you need to make a fresh start without losing important documents.
- Eliminate everything The option wipes everything from the ASUS laptop. This includes all files such as apps, settings, and even the files. Select this option if would like a complete reset, and are not worried about losing all your personal data.
Follow the On-Screen Instructions
If you’ve chosen to reset your device, you must follow instructions for how to proceed. The ASUS notebook will assist you throughout the procedure and may take a few minutes to be completed. Make sure that you have your computer is linked to an source of power throughout the reset process to prevent interruptions.
Reinstall and Restore
Once you have completed the factory reset is completed and you have completed the factory reset, it is then possible that you will have a fresh blank slate work with. Here are the steps needed to restore and reinstall your data
- Install the necessary software Go to the official sites as well as app store to install and download the software you need.
- Restore backup files: Connect an external drive to your computer, cloud storage or USB flash drive, and restore your files onto an ASUS laptop.
Doing a factory reset to an ASUS laptop can be a great solution to fix a variety of problems and restore your device back to its original condition. In this tutorial we’ve presented a thorough guideline to perform a factory reset on your ASUS laptop. Make sure to backup your files prior to proceeding to the reset option, and then follow the instructions displayed on screen.