High-quality images can be captured using all Mac computer. Edit them and upload them in any way you want. You’ll also be able to capture video of your screen when you upgraded or purchased your Mac in the year 2018.
There are five ways to capture screenshots from your Mac.
Tips for quick use The Mac lets you record videos and screenshots on your monitor. For more information, check out our screen recording with the Mac article.
Mac shortcuts for screenshots
The majority of methods to take photographs on the Mac utilize commands, shift and the Number keys.
|Shift and Command + 3||Make a photograph of the entire screen.|
|8 Command + Shift||To take a picture to capture a screenshot, highlight a specific area in the image.|
|Control + Shift = 5||To record video, or change your options for screenshots, click the menu for screenshots.|
|Shift +||If your Mac includes one, you can take a picture of it.|
Shift + Comand 3: Take a screen capture from the whole screen
Press the Shift key + Command button + 3 to take the entire screen
Note If you own multiple monitors , it will capture and save screenshots of each.
You can alter your image by clicking on the thumbnail preview, which is displayed in the lower-right corner of your photograph. The feature is able to be switched on and off via the menu for screenshots.
Shift + Command + 4. Capture the portion or window
1. Click Shift + Command + Four.
2. The crosshair appears on the mouse cursor. To choose an area on your screen, simply click then drag your mouse over the crosshair.
3. Release the trackpad or mouse button to take the entire area. You can also press the Esc key to cancel.
It’s not the only option you have with this method. There are additional options you can access using Shift + Command + 4.
- Capture a particular window by pressing shift + comand plus 4 and then press the spacebar. The crosshair will change into an image of a camera. Press”Capture” button moving the cursor of the camera above the screen. The screen will be enclosed with a grey border once the screen shot is saved.
- Set the dimensions as well as the shape. Move the crosshair around to draw attention to an area. Press then hold down your spacebar. This will secure the box, preventing it from expanding or shrinking. Drag the box to any position on the screen. Release spacebar to take a screenshot. spacebar to take a picture.
- Change the height The crosshair can be moved to mark an area. After that, press and hold the Shift key. This will let you alter the box’s height and width. Shift key allows you to adjust the box’s height and width. Key Shift lets you toggle between height and width. To take a picture simply release the trackpad, and mouse.
Shift + Comman + 5: Make use of this menu to show a screenshot.
Screenshot is a feature of the Screenshot application is available in the most current macOS version (Mojave as well as Catalina, Big Sur Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura).
1. To open Screenshot you need to press the Shift key and Command. The lower left of your screen, you will see a small menu panel.
2. You can capture screenshots of your entire screen, a single window, or just a particular area of the screen using the three icons on the left. You can take the whole screen, or only a single section by clicking on the next images to the left. To choose the method you want to record a screen simply click any of the icon on the left.
3. To take a screen shot, press the capture button on the right.
You can also go to the Options menu. You can decide to save your screenshot and how long before pressing Capture and the screenshot being taken, and then the next.
There is also the option to show floating thumbnails option within the menu Options. The option will automatically turn on and highlighted with a checkmark to the left. If you snap a photo the option will create an image thumbnail appear in the lower right corner. The thumbnail disappears after a couple of minutes and the image will not be saved on your computer.
To view the image in a different window, click on the thumbnail. You can:
- Draw or type the image.
- You could also cut it into an alternative shape or size.
- It is possible to share it via the Apple ID accounts.
Take a photo of the Touch Bar
It is possible to capture pictures using your Touch Bar on some Mac computers, even though all Macs come with it.
You can capture a picture of any item that appears on Your Touch Bar by pressing Shift + Comand + 6. This will immediately capture all the contents of your Touch Bar.
What is the best way to locate the screenshots of my Mac screenshots
Screenshots will be automatically displayed on your desktop automatically. The default title for the image will be “Screen Shot” and is followed by the date and time the picture was taken.
This will enable you to change the location that your screenshots are saved.
1. To open the screen menu you need to hold Shift + Command + 5
2. To open the menu, select Option.
3. Select one of the preset locations from the Save to menu or click Other Locations to select the folder you would like for your images to be saved.
Tips for quick use Holding down the Control button while taking an image will save the image to your clipboard rather than saving the image. It can then be copied any place you’re able to add images.
Third-party apps for screenshots for macOS
You can also install third-party applications for macOS in case you aren’t satisfied with the tools built into macOS. Lightshot is a fantastic free tool to take screenshots. It’s also extremely simple to use.
1. Get and install Lightshot on your Mac.
2. Launch lightshot by pressing Command + Shift+9 on your keyboard. Your screen on your Mac will become darker and will indicate that you’re now in a position to snap a photo.
3. Drag the mouse into a specific area of your screen that you want to capture. The highlighted area will display normal however, the rest of the screen will remain dark. To choose the whole screen, use the combination of Command + A
4. To add elements to your images You can do this by using the toolbar on the right of the highlighted area.
5. Use Command + to select the destination where you want to store the picture on your computer.